Our client is a leading company that specializes in designing integrated solutions and manufacturing custom products for the construction industry. They are currently looking for a structural engineer for their division that offers engineered wood products as well as engineering and architectural services for the construction industry.
Nature of position
In cooperation with company management, your job will mainly consist of designing glued-laminated, cross-laminated, and laminated-nailed wood structures and the assembly thereof for various projects developed by the company. In addition, along with the project management team, you will work closely with the architects, consulting engineers, clients, suppliers, and other partners, in order to gather and apply the information necessary in order to carry out value-added engineering on various projects.
- Design structures;
- Produce structural calculations;
- Ensure that the projects meet industry standards as well as client expectations;
- Verify shop drawings;
- Write up specifications and technical reports on occasion;
- Produce detail drawings;
- Take part in research and development on new products;
- Take part in developing bids and estimates;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, wood engineering, construction engineering, or other relevant engineering studies;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in structural design;
- Highly fluent in French and English (spoken and written);
- Knowledge of solidwood such as glulam, cross laminated timber, nail laminated timber, etc., is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of CadWork software, as well as experience with 3D modelling, manufacturing using CAD/CAM, and structural installation, are considered assets;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, of SAFI, RFEM, and RSTAB, and of the National Building Code, CSA O86, NDS-2015, and Eurocode 5, are also considered assets.
Education / training
Bachelor in civil engineering, Bachelor in construction engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers