Project and Process Engineer
Our client is an industry leader in aluminium and plastic recycling and a subsidiary of a significant European leader in recycling solutions. They are currently looking for a project and process engineer for their sorting and recycling plant.
Nature of position
Under the leadership of the plant manager, your responsibility will be to develop, plan, organize, and oversee capitalization projects assigned to you. You will do this in keeping with policies, budgets, and goals approved by management, as well as carrying out various improvements to processes and designs, and modifying equipment in order to maximize the reliability of the equipment and the manufacturing efficiency of the plant.
- Set out, working alongside management, the general concepts for projects and evaluate their feasibility;
- Meet with equipment and/or service suppliers and engineering consultants to evaluate the relevance of their products and services;
- Provide cost estimates for projects;
- Supervise and manage the resources and staff for projects for which you are responsible;
- Prepare work schedules and layout of machinery;
- Supervise installation and provide appropriate follow-up for final project;
- Identify and solve problems related to health & safety as well as performance of equipment;
- Act as a resource person for members of the team by developing an approach based on a problem-solving process;
- Take responsibility for the ongoing improvement of the output of equipment with regards to safety, product quality, spoiled unit counts, and efficiency;
- Bring projects to fruition, respecting costs and schedules, and conducting appropriate follow-up;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, automated production engineering, or other relevant education and training;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- Highly fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Proficient with Autocad, MS Office, and MS Project;
- Skilled in research and in negotiating with suppliers.
Education / training
Bachelor in automated production engineering , Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers