Our client is a major world-class industrial company with a presence on multiple continents. They specialize in designing, manufacturing, and selling shipping equipment and materials. They are currently looking for a production manager for their plant located in the Eastern Townships.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the CEO, you will be responsible for the full range of production activities and will ensure that operations are running at optimal performance. More precisely, you will take on the responsibility for efficient management of human resources (including a small team of administrators), see to it that workplace health and safety regulations are applied, and ensure that strategic plans are carried out, all the while working towards continual improvement.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the full range of day-to-day production activities;
- Develop, put in place, and administer production policies and procedures that are coherent with manufacturing, quality, and inventory expectations and with continuous improvement;
- Respect policies and procedures related to the applicable production standards, such as ISO 9001;
- Manage a team of supervisors, as well as employees dedicated to continuous improvement;
- Control the production budget;
- Identify areas where productivity can be improved, propose necessary improvements to the CEO, and recommend and implement, if need be, the necessary methods and tools to improve productivity and quality, and to reduce operational costs;
- Establish individual and group objectives for the members of your team, in line with corporate objectives, and follow up on them;
- Actively contribute as a change agent in putting into practice and maintaining all workplace health and safety measures;
- Foster a working environment conducive to respect, cooperation, motivation, accountability, and performance;
- Identify employee training needs and communicate them to the human resources department and the CEO;
- Actively work on labour relations;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, operations engineering and logistics, etc.), bachelor's degree in business administration, or any other combination of relevant education and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Substantial experience in the manufacturing sector;
- Experience with personnel management;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Knowledgeable of Lean manufacturing and continual improvement tools, such as kaizen, 6S, etc;
- In-depth knowledge of Windows and the MS Office Suite.
Education / training
Bachelor in mechanical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers