Engineer, Internal Sales - Geotechnical Instrumentation
Our client is a well-established company specializing in the development, installation, and implementation of geotechnical and structural monitoring systems, as well as acoustic and vibration monitoring. They have carried out projects in more than fifteen countries and they are currently looking for an engineer for internal sales (to support their sales team).
Nature of position
As an engineer responsible for internal sales, your job will be to act as a technical resource and liaison between the sales and engineering teams, to clearly identify client needs, and to produce cost estimates for various projects (or products) in order to offer competitive proposals that meet client needs.
- Process requests for information and client orders, and study various documents in order to prepare tenders;
- Plan and produce competitive, quality proposals;
- Highlight potential risks of projects being bid upon;
- Advise and assist clients in the choice of products and technologies;
- Analyze and/or review clients' specifications and produce product development projects after completing feasibility and profitability analyses;
- Complete and update the company's records with information including opportunities, tenders, orders, and client details;
- Organize reminders and follow-ups in a structured way, including order confirmations for suppliers and clients, as well as deliveries;
- Carry out purchasing and invoicing;
- Manage and follow up on projects and service teams, including subcontractors;
- Maintain existing client base and develop new business relationships;
- Provide clients with new strategic opportunities with proactive technical solutions related to geotechnical instrumentation;
- Assist with trade fairs, exhibitions, and conferences;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (civil, construction engineering, geotechnical, mining and mineralogy), or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Specific knowledge of instrumentation;
- General knowledge of markets and applications;
- Able to write up structured documents, containing a variety of information at different levels of complexity;
- Able to evaluate needs, advise and assist clients, and negotiate and finalize agreements;
- Able to plan and organize work to respect deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and people skills;
- Excellent at working within a team;
- Valid passport and driver's license;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Proficient with standard computer-based tools.
Education / training
Bachelor in civil engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers