Director of R&D Projects (Electronic Equipment)
Our client is a company specializing in the development and commercialization of innovative, high-tech products. They have clients in North America, Europe, and Australia. They are currently looking for a director of R&D projects.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the VP R&D, your main duty will be to take charge of managing projects involving the development of new products and improving / maintaining existing products. Specifically, you will be responsible for coordinating the deliverables of all departments involved in your projects and you will be accountable for the quality of deliverables and for meeting deadlines and development costs. In addition, you will work closely with product managers and the marketing, software, hardware, materials, mechanical, QA, NPI, and procurement teams in order to ensure that the deliverables of all teams are delivered on time and within their budgets. Finally, you will contribute to updating development processes and be responsible for following up on them.
- Take part in feasibility studies and in the development of road maps for products and technologies;
- Define the scope of development projects: establish project stages, deadlines, risks, and budgets;
- Make sure that project development is quick and thorough in order to meet time, quality, and development cost expectations. Specifically, closely monitor development timelines in order to meet stated delivery dates;
- Take part in choosing development partners and detailing the work assigned to subcontractors;
- Meet specifications, particularly with respect to product functionality, performance and manufacturing costs;
- Approve design documents, plans, and testing reports;
- Manage the schedules and work carried out by suppliers involved in product development (industrial design, PCB design and layout, and other subcontracted development activities);
- Monitor pre-production and first mass production schedules, and secure the transfer of products to manufacturing partners, including the supply of parts;
- Define and see to the application of product development processes;
- Support existing products;
- Develop software platforms that can be reused in different products;
- Manage the resources allocated to your projects: distribute tasks, perform follow-ups, make sure that expected quality and deadlines are respected;
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members and other team leaders (marketing, product marketing, hardware, mechanics, QA, NPI and purchasing);
- Take part in the preparation of budgets;
- Write up reports;
- Carry out any other tasks related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, in computer engineering, in mechanical engineering, in computer science, or in other relevant fields of study;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience in the development of new technology products;
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Experience developing embedded systems or with software development using the Agile method (an asset);
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize effectively, mobilize project teams, and work under pressure;
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is an asset.
Education / training
Bachelor in electrical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers