Specialist in Automation and Electrical Support
Our client, a major food processing company, is currently looking for an automation and electrical support specialist for one of their plants.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of the electrical department, your job will mainly consist of providing support to the operations, maintenance, and engineering departments. Specifically, you will be responsible for human-machine interfaces (HMI), automatons (PLCs), and the communications network for operations. In addition, you will be involved in managing energy by looking for potential savings, managing subsidies, and even carrying out projects. You will also take on the responsibility of replacing maintenance department supervisors on occasion.
- Manage Wonderware user interfaces (managing reports, adding and modifying process screens, monitoring compliance with programming standards);
- Manage the plant's Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA);
- Help program PLCs (monitor compliance with programming standards and assist technicians);
- Maintain and add tags in Wonderware Historian (creating dedicated data reports upon request);
- Support new projects, add new tags on servers and in Wonderware Historian, perform modifications and additions to the operations screens, produce documentation, and monitor operators and technicians;
- Answer questions and address requests to add or modify operations screens and help train supervisors and operators;
- Provide electrical, instrumentation, and programming technical support to the maintenance department;
- Help look for energy savings in cooperation with various departments, manage subsidies, and carry out projects;
- Replace the department's supervisors from time to time;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or automated production engineering; college diploma in industrial electronics; or any other relevant engineering-related studies;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent automation skills (Allen-Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, etc.);
- Well-acquainted with a SCADA system;
- Good command of spoken and written French and English;
- Experience working in a unionized environment (an asset);
- Computer skills (Office Suite, Wonderware, Maximo).
Education / training
Bachelor in automated production engineering , Bachelor in electrical engineering , D.C.S. - Industrial electronics technology
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers