Project Engineer (Telecommunications Networks)
Our client is a company that specializes in radiocommunications, operating a number of networks across the province of Quebec. Their work includes rentals, sales, service, consultancy, planning, engineering, design, and start-up of radiocommunications systems and networks. In order to reinforce their team so as to pursue their continued growth and tackle a variety of new challenges in Quebec, they are currently looking for a project engineer.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the director of Technical Services, your job will be to take on the management of various telecommunications projects, as well as ensuring that the radiocommunications systems for which you are responsible perform as expected.
- Coordinate, manage, and supervise system installation, perform inspections, produce technical documentation, and establish schedules and budgets for projects;
- Provide technical support to the sales team by giving details on specialized systems, answering invitations to tender, and preparing technical bids;
- Offer technical support to the systems maintenance department's staff (supervise the technicians and installers and offer the necessary technical resources);
- Offer clients consultant studies and technical studies, including technical advice, reports, designs, coverage maps, calculations, systems integration, analysis of operational needs, and development and design of private radiocommunications systems;
- Optimize analog, digital, and IP radio systems (implementation of coaxial network, microwave links, and bidirectional amplifiers);
- Supervise and train technicians and junior engineers;
- Evaluate new products;
- Be responsible for coordinating radio licences with Industry Canada;
- Monitor the integrity and deployment of the radiocommunications network;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant education;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working with telecommunications networks;
- Experience designing and optimizing Wi-Fi networks;
- Thorough knowledge of the propagation of waves through free space with VHF, UHF, 800-900 MHz, and 2-5 GHz bands, and modelling thereof, as well as tools involved in prediction calculations (an asset);
- Knowledge of radio engineering rules (power balance, noise calculation), IP networks (routers, switches, etc.) and Wi-Fi networks is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of equipment and suppliers of equipment involved in operating, provisioning and configuring radio systems (voice and data), as well as various conventional radio protocols (P25, GSM, CDMA, TDMA, Nexedge, Mototrbo) and recent protocols is also considered an asset;
- Highly fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Experience calculating the exposure zone as per Health Canada's Safety Code 6 is an asset;
- Computer skills with Microsoft software, including Visio.
Education / training
Bachelor in electrical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers