Our client is a major pharmaceutical company offering its range of products and services to clients present in over 80 countries. They are currently looking for a maintenance mechanic for their facilities in the Montreal area.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the plant foreman, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the plant's production lines, as well as utility systems and equipment parts. You will perform installations, repair work, fault diagnostics, and maintenance on and upgrades to mechanical components, all the while minimizing downtime and maintaining or improving operational efficiency. In addition, you will support all shifts and advise line mechanics within an environment of learning and development.
- Ensure that equipment parts and utility and support systems work well;
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment parts and utility and support systems;
- Communicate with the appropriate parties about any future work that could cause manufacturing interruptions;
- Perform general maintenance work, including repairs to facilities;
- See to it that all work is done in accordance with current safety guidelines and good manufacturing practices;
- Assist with PM planning (short, long, and medium-term), preparing kits, assemblies for tasks;
- Assist with troubleshooting by proposing solutions and improvements;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- College diploma in industrial maintenance or mechanical engineering, vocational diploma in industrial mechanics, or other relevant education/training;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude in repairs and fault diagnosis on electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic equipment;
- Flexible and ready to provide your services in overtime and in the event you are called in to work (on call);
- Fluency in spoken and written English is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of welding and of CMMS maintenance software is an asset;
- Skilled at explaining things and helping colleagues learn.
Education / training
D.C.S. - Industrial maintenance technology, D.C.S. - Mechanical engineering technic, D.V.S. - Construction and maintenance industrial mechanics
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers