Head of Electrical Design (industrial equipment)
Our client is a company specializing in the design and manufacture of innovative equipment (mobile and permanent) for an industrial client base. They are currently looking for a head of electrical design.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the head of engineering, your job will be to supervise the staff of the electrical department, in addition to designing various equipment to be sold by the company, and providing technical assistance relating to instrumentation and control for the various parties involved in working on a project.
- Supervise and support the team of engineers and technicians in the electrical department;
- Structure electrical engineering processes;
- Plan the workload for the electrical department;
- Actively contribute to various research and development projects;
- Under the supervision of the Products Manager, prepare the layout plans, diagrams, and computer programs (e.g. automatons) needed for projects to be carried out;
- Ensure that the designs developed are technically feasible at the best cost possible, with maximum reliability. As needed, consult after-sales service, the production workshop, and/or suppliers;
- Provide technical assistance to after-sales service and to clients;
- Ensure that design updates (as-built drawings) are done at all times;
- Provide technical assistance to the workshop during assembly and start-up of equipment;
- Help prepare proposals;
- Sign and seal electrical plans;
- Take part in equipment start-up on site with clients on occasion (both in Canada and outside the country);
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or other relevant engineering studies;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a design and manufacturing environment;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, AudoCAD Electrical, and the main automaton programs;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Experience managing staff is considered an asset;
- Available to travel outside the country.
Education / training
Bachelor in electrical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers