Our client is a large company that specializes in manufacturing and installing steel construction materials, primarily for building construction and civil engineering works; they are among the leaders in their field. They are currently looking for a field engineer.
Nature of position
Answering to the process engineer, your job will mainly consist of inspecting reinforcing steel on civil engineering work sites based on Transports Québec's inspection policies to make sure that the work is compliant. In addition, you will work on certain specific projects and will be responsible for applying and maintaining ISO certification.
- Control the quality of materials and work;
- Take part in verifying and inspecting reinforcing steel before concrete is poured;
- Perform various calculations of guy line strength;
- Ensure that steel handling and lifting procedures and methods are respected;
- Check that drawings and specifications are compliant with guidelines and with applicable codes and regulations;
- Take part in site meetings;
- Take part in writing up site visit reports and minutes of site meetings;
- Work closely with the various parties involved;
- Conduct internal and external ISO 9001 audits;
- Update the ISO 9001 manual and procedures;
- Prepare quality plans for clients as well as inspection and testing plans;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering, or other relevant education;
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Office software;
- Well-acquainted with ISO 9001 standards;
- Functionally bilingual (spoken and written French and English);
- Able to work under pressure and in cooperation with the various players involved;
- Experience in the construction field is considered an asset.
Education / training
Bachelor in civil engineering , Bachelor in construction engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers