Director, Environment (Environmental Assessments)
Our client is a small business that is well-established in Quebec. It offers engineering consulting and general contractor services in the fields of environment, forestry, geomatics, and civil engineering. They have developed a special working relationship and partnerships with numerous first nations communities in Quebec. They are currently looking for a director, environment.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the CEO, your job will primarily consist of managing the company's environmental files, managing the environment team, planning, scheduling, organizing, managing, controlling, and evaluating various environmental impact studies, environmental monitoring, and the process of obtaining certificates of authorization with regard to major projects, as well as participating in the company's business development and building its reputation in the market.
- Oversee a work team assigned to carrying out environmental impact studies and other environment-related projects.
- Coordinate a team of multidisciplinary specialists;
- Exchange information with the design team and with representatives of government agencies in order to target the valued components and optimize the allocation of resources.
- Plan baseline studies
- Coordinate the preparation of environmental permit applications and applications for certificates of authorization.
- Assist the client within the framework of the process of environmental monitoring of the project.
- Supervise and provide quality assurance of the quality of studies and reports written
- Monitor and control budget and schedule compliance.
- Manage communications with the client and various stakeholders
- Contribute to business development.
- Carry out any other task related to your duties
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, geological engineering, geology, chemical engineering, biology, or other combinations of relevant training and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working on large-scale projects.;
- Significant experience with environmental assessments
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and show leadership.
- Experience managing projects in northern environments is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent client relations skills, teamwork skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in spoken and written French and English.
Education / training
Bachelor in civil engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers