Bulk Terminal Operations Manager
Our client, a large multinational company specializing in the manufacture and marketing of fertilizers, but also producing nitrates, ammonia, urea and other nitrogen-based chemicals, is currently looking for an Operations Manager for its import terminal located in the Montérégie region.
Nature of position
Reporting to the Director of North American Operations, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all direct and related activities of the bulk terminal operations in accordance with applicable laws and standards. In addition, you will promote good HSE practices. As such, you will see at :
- Manage all aspects of the company's Canadian terminal operations (400,000 tonnes of various products annually) ;
- Provide general supervision, coaching and development of the company operated terminal staff;
- Take part in the management of major capitalization projects related to the expansion and modernization of installations;
- Provide leadership in managing risk assessment and compliance with all HSE, quality and safety regulations and policies;
- Ensure the maintenance of cross-functional collaboration and communication with supply chain, sales and corporate teams to deliver high quality products in a safe, responsible, timely, efficient and cost effective manner ;
- Promote strategies and culture of operational excellence in the short and long term management of people, processes and assets;
- Perform every other task compatible with your functions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration or other relevant education ;
- Experience in an industrial environment;
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in project management, logistics, government and port authority relations (an asset);
- Experience in HR development and management ;
- Knowledge of terminal operations, bulk solids handling and fertilizer products (an asset);
- 5S/Lean certifications (an asset).
Education / training
Bachelor in chemical engineering , Bachelor in industrial engineering , Bachelor in mechanical engineering , Bachelor in operations and the logistics engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers