Our client, a world leader in the design, manufacture and surface treatment of threaded and forged steel fasteners, is currently seeking for an Automation Technician.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the electrical maintenance coordinator, your main mandate will be to support the troubleshooting of production lines and to participate in the implementation of automation mandates. As such, you will :
- Troubleshoot and diagnose production line problems ;
- Participate in the resolution of automation problems (key resource) ;
- Participate in the analysis of equipment optimization solutions ;
- Participate in the drafting of specifications, estimates and schedules for the execution of work and write electrotechnical reports ;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities related to production lines ;
- Provide technical support to production lines ;
- Programming of PLCs and interfaces ;
- Carry out every other task compatible with your functions.
- DEC in automation and control, DEC in instrumentation, automation and robotics or other relevant training ;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in manufacturing and/or metal fabrication ;
- Mastery of Allen-Bradley platform programming (an asset) ;
- Mastery of electrical code, control electricity and machine safety ;
- Knowledge of industrial networking, SCADA and information technology ;
- Knowledge of Eplan electrical engineering design software (an asset) ;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Education / training
D.C.S. - Electronic design technology
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers