Automation and Process Control Engineer
Our client is a manufacturing company specializing in the manufacture of parts for the automotive sector, with clients in North America, Europe, and Asia. They are currently looking for an automation and process control engineer for their state-of-the-art facilities.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Director of technical services, your job will be to work on the development and improvement of various pieces of production equipment, to optimize automated systems present at the plant, and to manage various electrical and automation projects.
- Develop and improve various pieces of production equipment;
- Suggest and implement new technologies such as robots, vision systems, and quality control and preventative maintenance tools;
- Analyze and validate existing processes, design solutions, install and start up equipment;
- Create electrical and pneumatic plans and select the necessary technology (PC, PLC, drive, servoing, etc.), document and implement improvement projects related to various pieces of production equipment;
- Program PCs, programmable automatons, servo control systems, and user interfaces in order to integrate new systems or optimize existing systems;
- Maintain and improve equipment and diagnose problems with existing production systems;
- Program advanced language systems and databases to interface our ERP system with production;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, automated production engineering, or other relevant education and training;
- Member of l’Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec;
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working with automation;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Highly knowledgeable of programmable automaton programming, user interfaces, vision systems, and robots;
- Experience with industrial computer systems (Scada, OEE, historian, clients / servers, reporting service, etc.) is an asset;
- Proficiency with electrical plan design software is an asset.
Education / training
Bachelor in automated production engineering , Bachelor in electrical engineering
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers