Assistant Director of Estimation and Project Management (civil engineering works)
Our client is a major construction contractor that specializes in civil engineering works (bridges, overpasses, works of art, roads, waterworks and sewage systems, etc.). They are currently looking for an assistant director of estimation and project management.
Nature of position
Under the supervision of the Vice President, Construction, your job will mainly consist of assisting the Vice President, Construction in managing the department's activities by managing assignments of bids and projects to the various members of your team, by coaching them, and by taking part in employee evaluations.
- Explore the market to find opportunities and invitations to tender;
- Take part in the management of the estimation/project management department;
- Take part in the selection of projects upon which to bid;
- Produce estimates for and manage certain projects;
- Oversee cost control and profitability of construction sites;
- Take part in the evaluation of suppliers and subcontractors;
- Conduct regular visits to follow up on projects with members of your team;
- Monitor construction site schedules;
- Contribute to solutions for major problems related to construction sites and to evaluating their performance and quality;
- Take part in construction site meetings and in problem solving in the event of difficulties in executing work;
- Represent the company;
- Stop the execution of contracts in the event of a major problem;
- Request corrective action in the event of non-compliance or significant problems;
- Contribute to an atmosphere that fosters teamwork through your positive attitude;
- Carry out any other task related to your duties.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or construction engineering, college diploma in civil engineering, or other relevant education;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with civil engineering works;
- Accurate, thorough knowledge of rules, policies, procedures, laws, and standards in the field of construction;
- Proficient with the MS Office suite;
- Bilingualism (spoken and written French and English) is considered an asset.
Education / training
Bachelor in civil engineering , Bachelor in construction engineering , D.C.S. - Civil engineering technology
- Job Location
Technogénie Ressources Inc. est une entreprise spécialisée en recrutement de ressources humaines techniques (ingénierie, gestionnaire, technique de génie, technologies de l'information, vente et représentation, approvisionnement et métiers techniques) ainsi qu'en gestion de carrière...View Job Offers